Tuesday 10 August 2010

Zotero

Zotero sounds like an incredibly useful tool to know about. It was very easy to download and install, and as I will shortly be embarking on my LIS MA, I'm sure I will come to appreciate the aid it can provide in managing references and generating bibliographies. It's probably not until I fully start to use it that I will recognise its full capabilities and utility (so far I have created a Cam23 folder, and put in interesting articles). Saving results from library catalogues and online bibliographic resources, and having the opportunity to add tags and notes should be extremely useful. Though I already had Firefox on my laptop, I always use Internet Explorer, so I will have to try and get into the habit of using the former instead.

As a librarian, I think it's an important tool to be familiar with in order to inform and support students. A workshop or documentation for students would be a great idea, and the suggestion of using the Group Library facility to gather resources and information that is of interest and value to users definitely sounds like something to explore further.

No comments:

Post a Comment